Friday, March 7, 2014

Michael's Heart Attack

My brother-in-law Michael who is younger than I am (39) had a heart attack on his way home from vacation cruising to Mexico.  Sara called me at 11:00 p.m. on Thursday and told me that Michael had just had a heart attack and she needed me to talk with her while she followed the ambulance up to the hospital.  They soon confirmed the heart attack and then they prepared to fly him to Phoenix.  Richard, Daniel, and Mike drove Sara to the valley and got there about 4 in the morning.  Mom went back and got Brandon from Heather's and drove up this morning.  Jessica, David and I also drove down this morning and met Jordan in the valley because he was down there for an EA music tour.  We picked up Jordan at Superstition Springs Mall and headed over to the Arizona Heart Hospital and this is what we find!  My two brothers are still at each other, as you can see from Richard's grimacing face....he just got hit in an unfortuante place!  Of course Daniel is grinning!


 I guess they really had a fun time, I guess as much time as you can have in a hospital.  They also had Daryl (Michael's brother) and Mike (Michael's nephew).  One funny story about this hospital is I guess they were coming down on the elevator and Daniel said "Jump" not thinking that all of them would jump but they all did and I guess the elevator just shook, hard and dust came down from the top and they truly felt like the elevator was going to break! 

Well by the time we got to the hospital Michael had been in surgery and had a triple bypass.  The Dr.'s said his heart had been really bruised and they left some kind of pump in to help his heart pump to give it a little bit of a break and can heal.  They want to keep it in at least until tomorrow.  We went in to visit him but he was sedated and would be until at least tomorrow as well.  He had so many tubes and IV's coming out of everywhere you could barely get in his room.  He just looked so sad!  


Well Richard, Mike and Daniel, and Jessica, Jordan and David all drove home tonight.  We then drove around forever trying to find a hotel that was close to the hospital and just happen to get one that was really close.  We tried to get one online but they were all so expensive!  I guess they have spring training down here this weekend so everything is super expensive!  So we went and got settled in.  Crazy this was the same hotel I had stayed in one time when I came down for a dental convention with Dr. West.  I remember it had amazing breakfasts!  Sara and I went back to the Hospital to see Michael and Grandma and Brandon stayed at the hotel.  Grandma took Brandon swimming, but Brandon started drowning and Grandma had to jump in the pool with all her clothes on.  So when we came back Brandon was still swimming and Mom was sitting there in soaking wet clothes!





No comments: