Sunday, September 14, 2008

Darius ran for Snowflake Intermediate Secretary!


Darius ran this week for Secretary at the Snowflake Intermediate School. I was so proud of him, he did this all on his own. Tuesday we spent the evening making posters for him. So on Friday he had to get up in front of the school and give a speech. Friday morning he asked me to look over his speech he had written and after reading I just couldn't change a word. Here was his speech:

"My fellow students I would like to be secretary because I would be a great one and help the school. I'd make school a fun and better place. I'd try to make us go on fun field trips like go to the Snowflakes or Show Low pool, Grand Canyon and the Meteor Crater and other really fun stuff but I would like to be secretary because I'd go to meetings help people and I would really appreciate everyone who votes for me and be really good students. I really want to do this job and I would be a good secretary. It would be a fun job. I like it a lot, but to all the students that don't vote for me it's ok because I know that the other people running for secretary would be great also. I would be okay if one of them won because I know they would do a great job for secretary. Thank you for listening and remember to vote for Darius for secretary."

Well he didn't end up winning, but he did a great job and I am very proud of him!

Well Robby also had a football game on Friday and they played Holbrook. He did really well, no touchdowns this game but he caught an Interception, a long pass where he got to the 1 yard line, several short passes, and he got several good tackles. They won 33 to 0.

3 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

Way to go Darius. You look so dang cute in your church get up! We still miss you guys so much! Hope you don't mind if we check up on you every once in a while!

Teresa :) said...

Hey there! That is so cute he ran for secratary. Looks like you are staying crazy busy, you poor thing. you make my life look like a cake walk. whew. ps I love the cute hair. Does the same guy still do it? Oh and thanks and yes we are so excited. See ya later. :)
Teresa

The Garrison Family said...

That has to be the cutest speech I have ever read! He is such a handsome little dude!